Art Toy has been a hot topic in recent years. Many illustrators, designers, and toy makers have produced many classic Art Toys that have swept the market lately. Many friends and toy fans around the world undoubtedly stated that today’s Art Toys were first cultivated in Hong Kong in the late 1990s. Upon continual advances and development, Art Toys have become well-liked again in recent years.
I still remember that in 2001, Brothersfree displayed a series of figures featuring the theme of road maintenance workers in Japan, which promptly became an international famous brand and one of the legendary works in Hong Kong Art Toy History. During this period, the well-established Art Toy forerunners such as Michael Lau, Eric So, Amazing Twins, etc., launched a number of collectible works in different styles that are admired internationally, and the trend of Art Toy has thrived globally. Designers of different generations, inheriting the innovation and enthusiasm of the forerunners for Art Toy, make Hong Kong Art Toy flourish again.
"Let’s Unbox! 2022 Hong Kong Art Toy Story Exhibition, Thailand Chapter" invites general public to UNBOX the attractiveness of Art Toys; appreciation of the artistic creativity and joyfulness of Art Toys; understanding of the unique value of Art Toys and experiencing the original stories of Hong Kong Art Toy.
The exhibition provides multi-media experiences, ranging from three-dimensional Art Toy, graphic illustrations, dynamic videos and interactive games. It brings together a number of distinctive and influential Hong Kong designers, showcasing a diversity of original Art Toy, design sketches, and creative works in related content, so that everyone can fully understand the design concepts and individual brand stories.
We will have strong desire on Art Toy when we can hold and view it, we will appreciate the entire design concept and details carefully, and appreciate its uniqueness, of course, the most important thing is to find the "playfulness" of Art Toy. The exhibition will be divided into different exhibition zones, showcasing the specially selected works of the top-notched, the most fashionable, the most distinctive as well as the most promising Art Toy designers. The exhibiting pieces including the works of emerging designers, namely:
· Pucky's illusory elf-land, literary and artistic works, are deeply admired by the majority of Art Toys fans.
· On the basis of Chinese supernatural zombie culture, Spooky Work redefines with the new era zombie outlook of "Zombie Zero".
· Ah Kuan Ye's mechanical warrior outlook exhibits the traditional lion dance culture.
· Felix Ip rides on hardcore robot elements, alters a series of significant Icons in Hong Kong.
· Pat Lee takes our shared childhood memories and infuses creative ideas to design breath-taking timeless innovations.
· Ryan Lee's creativity based on fitness, creates cute yet interesting figures relating to the fitness theme, which can be said as a Crossover of fitness culture and Art Toy culture, and the effect is enthralling.
· Ape Production, which is Winson Ma's succeeding work after Iron Man brothers. The ape-man element, advocates environmental protection and cares about the earth, and constructs an exclusive ape universe. He inherited the masterpieces that kicked-off Hong Kong's Art Toys culture more than 20 years ago.
· Art Toys can be adaptable in different forms, just like the hot-selling girl figure created by Ma Fai. Its loveable outlook complements with an extensive usage of girl figure’s personalized accessories and outfits, enhancing the owners and collectors’ level of experience and joyfulness.
· Steven Choi's romantic and poetic style creates a three-dimensional poem for Art Toy.
· Mickey Mic, who likes mysticism, created Nyan (Burmese, meaning wisdom) around the theme of the universe. Is it an astronaut with a Buddha expression, or a Buddha in the outlook of an astronaut? Please judge for yourself.
· Miloza Ma, who is also famous for pursuing the mysteries of the universe, brings out his thoughts and ideas in a psychedelic yet endearing style through pastel paint and unique cartoon characters.
· Nikopicto's Hug the Killer makes you wonder, is he really happy to meet you or you're just his dinner? The hug killer understands that while you are holding these doubts, you also find yourself slowly stepping into the hug. What is the truth? You will never find out the answer.
· Kevin advocates the message of animal protection with Husky. Over the years, he has created many exciting Art Toys and is also active in the licensing industry.
· Jeffery Yau hopes to continue to enjoy the happiness of toy creation with his favorite theme through Bigclawx.
· Flying Sofye created by Lam Pei, its exceptional appearance enhances personality to her Art Toy.
In addition, the "Classic Art Toy Zone" displays valuable information about the origin and development of Hong Kong's Art Toys, and the audience can also appreciate the works of top-notched masters. In this exhibition, one can feel the creative spirit of Hong Kong. Additionally, a variety of exciting activities including talks by Art Toys designers, Autograph Sessions, Art Battle, and interactive AR (augmented reality) photo-shooting areas will be held in the "Discovery Zone".
Conclusively, we wish this exhibition can enhance public awareness of the trendsetting Art Toys in these years. Upon deeper understanding on the creation, the audience can appreciate and enjoy the ingenuity and playfulness of the Art Toy more, so that everyone can continue to explore the joy and fun of Art Toy.